Diploma in Small Craft Surveying
Diploma in Small Craft Surveying, the leading international marine and ship surveying training course by distance learning.
Over the 12 months of the course you will explore:
- Introduction to Small Craft Surveying.
- Naval Architecture for Small Craft.
- Small Craft Engineering & Systems.
- Stability of Small Craft.
- Small Craft Surveys and Repairs.
- Survey Management and Reporting.
- Health & Safety for Surveyors.
- Marine Law relating to Surveying & Surveyors
- Marine Insurance for Surveyors
- Business Skills for the Surveyor
- Choice of specialist modules in Inland Waterways and Canal Craft, Power Leisure and Sail Leisure Vessels, Fishing Vessels and Small Commercial Craft.
Partnered with The Society of Consulting Marine Engineers and Ship Surveyors (SCMS)
- Receive 50% off SCMS membership fee for new members who have completed the Diploma in Small Craft Surveying in the year of application
- Receive 20% off SCMS membership for existing members who have completed the Diploma in Small Craft Surveying as part of their CPD in the year of doing the course
- Qualification: Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Professional Development Diploma, awarded by North Kent College
- Delivery: Part-time Tutored Distance Learning
- Duration: 12 months
- Apply for this course via Lloyd’s Maritime Academy
- CPD/CEUs: 21 hours / 2.1 CEUs
- Explain the unique nature of the small craft surveying business
- Identify the various professional skills required by the marine surveyor for conducting surveys on small craft vessels
- Analyse the role of the marine surveyor in relation to clients, insurance companies, classification societies and regulatory bodies
- Describe the methodology required to prepare for and perform various types of survey on small craft
- Understand small craft and their structure from a naval architecture perspective
- Discuss the marine survey business with clients with a view to offering accurate, valuable marine survey services
- Demonstrate a clear, logical approach to performing marine surveys
- Module 1 – Introduction to Small Craft Surveying
- Module 2 – Naval Architecture for Small Craft
- Module 3 – Small Craft Engineering & Systems
- Module 4 – Stability of Small Craft
- Module 5 – Small Craft Surveys and Repairs
- Module 6 – Survey Management and Reporting
- Module 7 – Health & Safety for Surveyors
- Module 8 – Marine Law relating to Surveying & Surveyors
- Module 9 – Marine Insurance for Surveyors
- Module 10 -Business Skills for the Surveyor