Diploma in Marine Surveying
Diploma in Marine Surveying, the leading international marine and ship surveying training course by distance learning.
Over the 12 months of the course you will explore:
- The different types of marine surveys in detail.
- Roles and responsibilities of the marine surveyor.
- The surveyors required knowledge of associated international laws and conventions.
- Business skills and report writing.
- The surveyor’s role in incident and accident investigation.
- Technical skills required for hull, structural and engineering surveys.
- Application of marine surveyor’s role in relation to specific cargoes or vessels.
You can continue your studies by taking the MSc in Marine Surveying from Middlesex University which is available for graduates of the Diploma in Marine Surveying so you can enhance your Diploma qualification even further.
- Qualification: Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Professional Development Diploma, awarded by North Kent College
- Delivery: Part-time Tutored Distance Learning
- Duration: 12 months
- Apply for this course via Lloyd’s Maritime Academy
- Explain the complex nature of the marine survey business.
- Identify the various professional skills required by the marine surveyor for various survey types.
- Analyse the role of the marine surveyor in relation to clients, insurance companies, cargo owners, classification societies and regulatory bodies.
- Describe the methodology required to prepare for and perform various types of marine survey.
- Discuss the marine survey business with clients with a view to offering accurate, valuable marine survey services.
- Demonstrate a clear, logical approach to performing marine surveys.
- Explain the financial aspects of managing a small marine survey company.
- Module 1 – Introduction to Marine Surveying.
- Module 2 – Relationship between Surveyors and their Clients.
- Module 3 – Business Skills for Surveyors.
- Module 4 – Laws and Conventions relating to Marine Surveying.
- Module 5 – Marine Surveying and Insurance.
- Module 6 – The Surveyor’s Role in Incident and Accident Investigation.
- Module 7 – Naval Architecture for Marine Surveyors.
- Module 8 – Marine Engineering and Systems for Surveyors.
- Module 9 – Hull and Structural Surveys.
- Module 10 – Safety and Security Surveys.