This small craft specific diploma has enabled over 3,000+ participants to specialise in small craft surveying and focuses on vessels up to 24 metres in registered length. The detailed syllabus provides marine surveyors, potential marine surveyors and associated maritime professionals with a qualification that gives them the knowledge to assist personal and professional development.
Over the 12 months of the course you will explore:
- Introduction to Small Craft Surveying.
- Naval Architecture for Small Craft.
- Small Craft Engineering & Systems.
- Stability of Small Craft.
- Small Craft Surveys and Repairs.
- Survey Management and Reporting.
- Health & Safety for Surveyors.
- Marine Law relating to Surveying & Surveyors
- Marine Insurance for Surveyors
- Business Skills for the Surveyor
- Choice of specialist modules in Inland Waterways and Canal Craft, Power Leisure and Sail Leisure Vessels, Fishing Vessels and Small Commercial Craft.
Partnered with The Society of Consulting Marine Engineers and Ship Surveyors (SCMS)
- Receive 50% off SCMS membership fee for new members who have completed the Diploma in Small Craft Surveying in the year of application
- Receive 20% off SCMS membership for existing members who have completed the Diploma in Small Craft Surveying as part of their CPD in the year of doing the course