Study the principles of marine surveying practices - training and education course by tutored distance learning in partnership with Lloyd's Maritime Academy.
This course is ideal for people interested in becoming a marine surveyor, those who have begun a role in marine surveying, and those who feel it useful to understand the role of a marine surveyor.
In addition, the course will be of great benefit to others related to the surveying industry such as insurers, shipowners, lawyers, economists, accountants, policy makers and industry associated consultants.
Over the 12 weeks of the course you will explore:
- Identify the role of a marine surveyor.
- Explain the different types of survey and their application.
- Analyse the different locations relevant for surveys.
- Understand the issue of safety in surveys and how to ensure safety.
- Analyse the make-up of the marine surveying industry.
- Explain the role of the relevant class societies and statutory bodies in class survey.