This course is ideal for anyone who works as, or alongside, marine surveyors and want to expand their knowledge of class and statutory surveys. The course is also beneficial to personnel engaged within classification societies and statutory bodies themselves.
The course is of great benefit to others involved in the sector including insurers, lawyers, policy makers and industry associated consultants.
Over the 12 weeks of the course you will explore:
- The different types of marine surveys in detail.
- Roles and responsibilities of the marine surveyor.
- The surveyors required knowledge of associated international laws and conventions.
- Business skills and report writing.
- The surveyor's role in incident and accident investigation.
- Technical skills required for hull, structural and engineering surveys.
- Application of marine surveyor's role in relation to specific cargoes or vessels.